Krampus Frameset - Andy's Apple Red
The Krampus frame is constructed using the same custom-designed, frame-specific, Surly CroMoly “’Natch” steel tubes found on many of our other trail bikes. The main triangle’s tubes are internally butted with some tubes externally tapered, flared like a trumpet and ovalized to add stiffness and strength without adding weight. When you add in the 3” tires, it makes for a resilient and lively ride that’s durable and fun as hell.
If you’re looking to ride through/over/off of obstacles, may the Krampus be your mighty steed. As Thor puts it: “Lean back, hang on, and ride that wild horse.”
- Tubing- Surly 4130 CroMoly steel. Custom double-butted trumpet tube main triangle. TIG-welded. ED coated.
- Rear Dropouts- 12mm horizontal and vertical slotted with derailleur hanger and Surly “Gnot-Boost” 135, 142, and/or 148mm hub spacing compatibility
- Brake Compatibility- 51mm I.S. disc caliper mounts, 180mm max rotor size
- Braze-ons/extras- Two down tube bottle-mounts on all sizes (SM-XL), no seat tube bosses
- Seatpost- 9mm
- Seatpost clamp- 1mm (Surly Stainless included)
- Headtube- 44mm
- Front Derailleur Clamp- 9mm, high direct-mount (not included)
- Bottom bracket- 73mm Englich Threaded
- Chainring Clearance- 30t Boost 1x, 24/36t Boost 2x
- Tire Clearance- 29 x 3.0"
- Fork- 15mm Thru-Axle, 1-1/8Ă‹Âť steerer tube, 203mm disc brake clearance and 29 x 3.0" tyre clearance
- Thru Axle- HU0138 Surly 15x110 and 12x142/148 Thru Axles (included)
|Material||Surly 4130 CroMoly steel|
|Fork||4130 CroMoly, 110mm hub spacing|
|Seat Clamp||33.1mm (Surly Stainless included)|
|Front Derailleur||34.9mm, high direct-mount |
|Dropouts||2mm horizontal and vertical slotted with derailleur hanger|
|BB Shell||BSA 73mm|
|Rear spacing||Surly Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“Gnot-BoostĂ˘â‚¬Âť 135, 142, and/or 148mm hub spacing compatibility|
|Tyre Clearance||29 x 3.0|
|Colour||Andy's Apple Red or Dark Black (Frameset Only)|
All weights are approximate and are offered in good faith.
Free shipping on all website orders over £25 to UK mainland.