The Mettle has been a labour of love for us here at Identiti. With almost 20 years of experience, multiple national 4x championship wins, and one BMX race world champion, we started a fresh project – code named the R01. We spent a long time studying a lot of graphs, but more time riding, racing and analysing our prototypes. 3 years of testing, refining and repeating all boils down to what we show you today. A product well worthy of carrying the Identiti name forward into the rowdiest trails you can find.
At Identiti, we all ride and race trail bikes whenever we can, shredding loamy turns, because that’s what puts smiles on our faces, so the development process was focussed around what we wanted as riders. A fast, capable and fun bike that’s rewarding to ride hard.
Why Metric Suspension? Another standard, yeah, we know. But seriously, We were fortunate to have the advice of one of the top rear shock engineers in the industry who guided us to the new technology. We actively chose Metric because it adds characteristics to the bike that we just couldn’t achieve with historical shock sizing. With the new Metric shock sizing the Mettle is optimised around tomorrow’s standards, making it futureproof. Metric offers the smoothest and most supportive performing suspension we have ever felt, but also the most reliable. By using a 230 x 60mm shock platform, we can take advantage of more bushing overlap inside the shock, which really improves performance when pushing the bike hard. We’re so confident with how well the bike pedals that we haven’t ever felt the need to reach for that little blue compression adjuster to firm it up for climbs, and we think you’ll agree.
Frame kinematics is a dull but important subject, so we’ll keep it brief. No fancy acronyms, we're using a proven 4 bar linkage with the versatility it gives. There’s 15% progression to the leverage curve, with the ability to add more volume spacers, so you get full support when diving deep into rock gardens. We've optimised anti-squat and pedal kickback to give unrivalled performance downhill but to still maximise pedalling effort uphill. Boost rear wheel spacing allowed us to increase bearing distances at the main pivot for increased stiffness when railing turns.
Simply put, we’ve taken advantage of new technologies to offer what is the best bike we have ever made. Built to take a hammering. Day in. Day out.
Frame only supplied with Rock Shox Super Deluxe RC3 shock.
- 27.5" Wheels - Plenty of mud clearance - We live in the UK...
- 160mm Travel - 4 bar linkage with 8 large sealed bearings.
- Metric Shock - The new frontier in shock technology.
- Boost wheel spacing - 148mm rear axle spacing taking advantage of optimised main pivot bearing width. Supplied with Syntace rear axle.
- Progressive suspension - 15% ending stroke progression for extra support.
- Modern sizing - Our sizing is bigger than you'd expect.
- Tapered headtube - Zero stack headset, 44mm upper, 56mm lower.
- Low Standover - Lower top tubes, more room for your valuables.
- Threaded Bottom Bracket - Simple, easy to maintain. Here for good.
- 150mm+ Dropper Compatible - Room for longer dropper posts.
- ISCG 05 Chain Guide tabs
|Headset Compatibility||ZS44 Upper, ZS56 Lower|
|Rear spacing||148 x 12mm|
All weights are approximate and are offered in good faith.
Free shipping on all website orders over £25 to UK mainland.